Tuesday, April 28, 2009

GSTV Giants Draft Recap 2009

Yesterday I shared my thoughts on the 2009 Draft as a whole. Today, I'm checking in with a review of the Giants' latest crop of picks, via another episode of good ol' Giants' Steps TV.

In a word, I thought Big Blue's draft was solid. We got value while addressing need. We picked up some promising receivers in Nicks and Barden, addressed the O-Line and Line backing corps on Day 1, and added depth and competition all around - competition that is going to make this team better right away.

Some may be disappointed that Jerry Reese did not pull off a trade for a veteran wide out like Braylon Edwards, but, looking back at this weekend's haul, I think we will be better off in the near and long term. I elaborate more in the video...



There is a new poll question up, so please cast your vote.

Post your comments! Let me hear what you think...


... ...

Please subscribe to Giants' Steps!


No comments: